Victoria Park Tennis club is a friendly, social club which provides affordable community tennis. The club has two hard tennis courts which are available all year round. The courts are located close to the Somerset Terrace entrance of Victoria Park. VPTC is a non-profit organisation run by volunteers. VPTC’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaParkTennisClub/
There are other tennis clubs in Bristol and there are also some free/bookable courts in the city. Check (www.bristol.gov.uk/museums-parks-sports-culture/tennis-in-bristol) for further information.
The VPTC membership year normally runs April to March with an annual fee for unlimited tennis in that year although when busy, a cap on hours you can book is made to be fair to all.
VPTC now accepts membership fees online only. Renew or become a member here
If you have any queries about joining the club please contact us at email@example.com
Rates for 2023-2024
- Singles £45
- Couples: £80
- Family: £85 (includes children up to 16 years)
- One adult and children up to 16 years: £50
Court bookings are now online here.
- 07872 617384
Club tennis is open to members of all abilities and is a great way to meet other members and play friendly matches. Club tennis sessions are:
- Sunday – 11:00am – 2.00pm
- Tuesday: From March to September 4pm to 8pm, November & February from 3pm, and Dec & Jan from 2pm (times approximate – please check bookings site)
- VPTC has safeguarding policy which applies to all staff, volunteers, coaches, club members and events. Details on the policy can be found here: Safeguarding Policy Victoria Park Tennis Club
- Victoria Park Tennis Club acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and adults at risk. The club is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and LTA requirements.
- The club’s safeguarding policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children and adults at risk are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background, all children:
- Have a positive and enjoyable experience of tennis at Victoria Park Tennis Club in a safe and inclusive environment, and
- Are protected from abuse whilst participating in tennis.
- Victoria Park Tennis Club acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
- As part of our safeguarding policy Victoria Park Tennis Club will:
- Promote and prioritise the safety and well-being of children and adults at risk
- Ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and adults at risk
- Encourage and maintain a culture where people feel able to raise a genuine safeguarding concern and are confident that it will be taken seriously
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
- Ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
- Prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals
- Ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation
- The Club Welfare Officer can be contacted on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The club’s policy and procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in Victoria Park Tennis Club Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed and may result in dismissal/exclusion from the club.
- Anyone who does not feel comfortable raising a concern with the Club Welfare Officer should contact the LTA Safeguarding Team directly on 020 8487 7000, the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) or the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000. Further details about whistleblowing can be found in the club’s safeguarding policy.
- The club’s safeguarding policy will be reviewed every two years, or sooner in the following circumstances:
- Changes in legislation and/or government guidance
- As required by the Local Safeguarding Children Board or LTA
- As a result of any other significant change or event.
- If you have any questions or queries please email: email@example.com
- More information and news can be found on our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaParkTennisClub/